Come and join our team as our National Sales Manage
We are looking to further strengthen our team with the appointment of a National Sales Manager responsible for delivering the UK annual sales target, building and maintaining excellent relationships with key wholesaler and retailer customers, and driving year on year business growth.
This is a key role in our dynamic, progressive company. We have recently invested in a new dedicated manufacturing facility and offices, and have an ambitious and exciting program of growth linked to existing and new product development. The National Sales Manager will be integral in further identifying and helping capitalise on market opportunities, working collaboratively with our flexible and enthusiastic production and operations team.
Reporting to the Directors the National Sales Manager will be required to:
· Contribute to sales strategy & business plan development, and implement as appropriate to the National Sales Manager role.
· Meet / exceed quarterly and annual sales targets
· Account-manage existing key customers by visiting in person and teleconferencing
· Upsell additional and new products to wholesalers and retailers
· Secure new customers / profitable business
· Maintain sales records / details of pipeline / customer contacts etc in a CRM system
· Provide monthly / quarterly sales forecasts
· Produce / run sales reports, lead weekly sales meeting, take responsibility for recovery action and optimisation of successful initiatives
· Provide market intelligence and gain / communicate customer feedback to the directors
· Contribute to new product development from inception to market testing
· Maintain good working relations / regular communication with the company’s sales agents working collaboratively with them to share market & customer information, ensuring targeted growth is achieved.
· Be an exemplary brand ambassador
· Work with Marketing to promote the business through approved social media channels.
· Develop, build and maintain a business network of equestrian contacts.
· Attend trade fairs and publicity events
· Develop export sales opportunities, working with the directors as required
· Travel extensively in the UK and potentially occasionally overseas, necessitating regular overnight stays away from home although teleconferencing with known contacts will help to manage / limit.
The ideal candidate will:
· Be confident, out-going, driven, enthusiastic, personable and ambitious
· Be a B2B salesperson that has worked / is working within the equestrian market and ideally has a knowledge of equestrian nutrition.
· Have a proven track record in achieving / exceeding sales targets, managing existing customer business, prospecting and securing new business.
· Be self-motivated, target driven, able to work independently and as part of a team.
· Be educated to degree level or possess a level 4/5 relevant vocational qualification
· Have excellent written skills and numeracy
· Be an excellent communicator
· Be computer literate (Microsoft office suite / CRM / Internet / social media)
A highly competitive remuneration package is offered subject to experience, including base salary, bonus and usual benefits / tools for such roles including car, pension, mobile phone and lap-top computer.
There will be opportunities for further career progression and development which can be discussed at interview stage.
Please note previous applications will not automatically be considered, for more info or to apply contact: [email protected]